Photoshop CS4 Menu toolbar display bug and fullscreen slowness…

AW
Posted By
Allen_W
Oct 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
<http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/8202/menutoolsbugee3.gif>

I’m having a display bug with the menu toolbar in Photoshop CS4 Extended. Notice the area of tools is gone and replaced by random pixels? This happens whenever I enter the fullscreen mode that hides the interface. And when I exit that fullscreen mode, that bug appears and doesn’t fix itself until I restart Photoshop. Can this be fixed?

Image view rotation also happens much slower than normal in that fullscreen mode when interface is hidden. But performs normally after I bring back the interface.

I’m on WinXP, Athlon 64 4000+, 3GB ram, GeForce 6800 GT video card [driver 169.21]. I’m not sure if this is a video driver bug or CS4 bug.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Oct 19, 2008
Those aren’t random pixels, they’re the top portion of some sort of text.

Don’t know what the text says, or why it’s there, but it’s not just some random pixels.

Look closely, and you can make out the top of the word "Emulation" about a third of the way over from the left.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 19, 2008
could be artifacts on an un-updated window phos. they can pick up whatever’s under them (or over them) – hence, "random".

first thing i would try is update the vid driver.
P
Phosphor
Oct 19, 2008
Yeah, Dave, I can understand how that can happen. I’ve seen that sort of weirdness when I’ve seriously overtaxed my hardware.

Had way too much running all at once yesterday, switched over to Firefox, and clicking on folders in the Bookmarks bar, I had 4 bookmark/folder menus dropped simultaneously.

I managed to grab a screenshot with 2 of them showing, but man! You shoulda seen it with 4!

I ESC’ed out, quit GarageBand (had a song project of several hundred MB going) and all was fixed.

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1oV3eLGID1UYwZ4L5Y 0n44ThA0Ab0>
AW
Allen_W
Oct 20, 2008
theyre artifacts on an un-updated window. this is not a hardware heating problem since it occurs everytime.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 20, 2008
I agree allen. update your vid drivers yet?
AW
Allen_W
Oct 20, 2008
upgraded video driver fixed the issue, thanks!
I
Igorm
Oct 20, 2008
heave a error on photoshop cs4 vhen i press a save us button a program just gone, and i fpund a more bugs when i pres a rotate button just exit program!
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 20, 2008
great to hear allen! 🙂

igorm, please start a new thread with your problem.
AW
Allen_W
Jan 15, 2009
this problem still occurs with newer nvidia drivers. can this be fixed?
AW
Allen_W
Jan 16, 2009
ok i was able to fix this problem by turning off antialiasing in my video driver for photoshop

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections