CS4 and it’s rearranged channel selection hotkeys…?

SM
Posted By
Seneca_Menard
Oct 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
in all the prior versions of photoshop, the hotkeys to select the individual channels of an image were logically bound to the matching numbers…

ctrl-1 = view channel 1
ctrl-2 = view channel 2
ctrl-3 = view channel 3
ctrl-4 = view channel 4
ctrl-` = view rgb channels

does anyone know why those got remapped by adobe to this in cs4 : ctrl-3 = view channel 1
ctrl-4 = view channel 2
ctrl-5 = view channel 3
ctrl-6 = view channel 4
ctrl-2 = view rgb channels

those make no sense at all and what makes it even more annoying is that when i went into the hotkey editor, i looked to see if ctrl-` or ctrl-1 were bound to any new commands and they don’t appear to be, so it looks like adobe rebound those for no purpose at all.. 🙁

has anyone found any way to revert those hotkeys back to their traditional (and logical!) hotkeys?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SM
Seneca_Menard
Oct 18, 2008
Hrmmmm. He says that ctrl-1 got rebound to setting the zoom level to 100%, but that’s not working on my machine so i don’t see what he’s talking about….

I curse them for doing that. The only time you should ever change a hotkey is if you allow the user to restore it back to it’s original state with the hotkey editor. They shouldn’t be changing hotkeys that aren’t actually physically accessible in their hotkey editor.. 🙁
BC
Bart_Cross
Oct 18, 2008
I don’t know how many times I used Ctrl-1 to change view when switching between apps only to find the image is red.
TH
Trez_Hane
Oct 18, 2008
You might find John Nack’s explanation helpful–the permalink is http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2008/10/shortcut_changes_in_cs4 .html
M
Mylenium
Oct 18, 2008
so it looks like adobe rebound those for no purpose at all..

Everything in life has a purpose. 😉 You know, not everyone in the world uses American keyboard layout… The old Ctrl+key assignments would not work on some foreign language systems and neither would their localized equivalents, so having them changed solves a few issues on that end. You’ll get used to it…

Mylenium

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections