Method needed to combine 50+ images with same background. Not a portrait.

SB
Posted By
Seder_Burns
Oct 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

Here is what I want to do. I have taken about 50 images of people walking in a heavily trafficked area. I want to have all the people added together into one image. Each person is to have full opacity.
I started by making an image with no one in the scene using the Median blend mode with a layer stack to remove all the people. Worked fine. Now, I am hoping there is some way to create masks or knockouts of the people in each of the individual images by somehow comparing them to the scene with no people. Some way to mask out or knock out those areas which are different, i.e. the people. I will then stack all the images of the people on top of one another to create a very complicated image showing the volume of traffic.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Using CS3.
Best regards, Seder

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Mylenium
Oct 8, 2008
Difference blendmode. Put the people on your clean BG, switch the mode. Flatten the result, use adjustments to properly make it b/w. Select all, insert as custom channel or into an existing layer mask to get the transparency.

Mylenium

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections