CB
Posted By
Craig_Boudreaux
Oct 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On August 26, I advised online support that my Adobe Store purchase of CS2 does not appear in my order history, and thus cannot be downloaded. I provided my order number and serial number, and requested a link to download the software I had purchased. To date, I am still awaiting an operable link. I was first told that the link would be forthcoming, only to be told a week later I had to call phone support for this problem. On the phone, I was told the order number was invalid, though it came from the Adobe purchase receipt. I am still awaiting an answer as to why it is invalid. I was effectively told "we have no evidence you purchased this product, but because you have a valid serial number, I’ll allow you to download it." I was then provided a ftp link, but was not given the username and password to access the site. I am still waiting …

Obviously, this is very frustrating and illustrates a problem with purchasing only the download version of Adobe software. I hope no one else has this problem, but wanted to provide a heads up for those contemplating a download-only purchase.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
Oct 4, 2008
I’m sorry to hear that you’ve got a problem but Adobe does recommend burning a backup copy after download. In fact, boxed copies should be backed up to protect against damaged disks.

Bob
MS
Mark_Struthers
Oct 5, 2008
Strictly speaking, I thought you weren’t allowed to copy discs.
B
Buko
Oct 5, 2008
You are not allowed to copy disks and sell them or give them to your friends. To make a copy for your self is perfectly legit.
JW
John_Waller
Oct 5, 2008
Strictly speaking, I thought you weren’t allowed to copy discs.

Adobe’s EULAs permit archival copies for backup purposes:

"2.6 Backup Copy. You may make a reasonable number of backup copies of the Software, provided your backup copies are not installed or used for other than archival purposes."

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/Gen_WWCombined-CS3- 20060817_1651.pdf

Regards

John Waller

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections