DT
Posted By
Don_Temple
Sep 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m confused about the announcement of CS4. Is this a beta version that may not be available for purchase until 2009 or is it the final release?

Don

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John Joslin
Sep 24, 2008
It is avavailable now for pre-order, delivery October/November.

Why don’t you read the Adobe web page?
DT
Don_Temple
Sep 24, 2008
I did read it, John. I’ve also read other places that it is a beta version that will be tested by users for months. I never saw any mention of a release date!!
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 24, 2008
are you going to believe adobe, who’re making and selling the program, or "other places"? 🙂
DT
Don_Temple
Sep 24, 2008
Well Adobe has some issues also. There is a book called Photoshop CS4 Essential Skills – By Mark Galer And Philip Andrews advertised on PHOTOSHOPSUPPORT.COM. If one clicks on the picture of the book it will take you to Amazon where it says the book doesn’t exist not just NOT PUBLISHED YET or PREORDER!
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 24, 2008
it’s pre-order because so is the software.
DM
Don_McCahill
Sep 24, 2008
How is that an Adobe problem? Is Adobe publishing the book? The cover shot seems to refer to Focal Press. You surely don’t blame Adobe when an outside publisher makes a mistake on a book that Adobe has had nothing to do with (other than probably supplying a beta copy of the program.)
DT
Don_Temple
Sep 24, 2008
I’m wasting my valuable time with yuppies.
J
jcates
Sep 24, 2008
I’m wasting… time

Clearly.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 24, 2008
I’m wasting my valuable time with yuppies.

<inigo montoya>i do not thin that means what you thin it means.</inigo montoya>
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Sep 24, 2008
We’re not yuppies, and your time ain’t probably valuable either.

Rob
DT
Don_Temple
Sep 24, 2008
Maybe assholes is more appropriate.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 24, 2008
now if you don’t know what yuppies are, do you think we can really trust you to know what a##holes are?!! huh? huh? 🙂
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Sep 24, 2008
My, you are confused.
H
Ho
Sep 24, 2008
Where’d he go? I got me a nice bowl of STFU I’d like to share…

Seriously dude, you maybe ought to get your meds adjusted. People here have long memories and you may just want help someday. If you *do* need help, just ring twice and ask for Phos. 🙂
CF
chris_farrell
Sep 25, 2008
Yar,…yar, this one of the most spiffing reads I’ve had in yonks. Marvelous – I just must join in…..
J
jcates
Sep 25, 2008
Slightly off-topic, but I’m a little confused about something with regard to CS4… how much closer is Photoshop CS4 to Photoshop CSI and does anyone know when PS CSI will be available?
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Sep 25, 2008
It is quite a step closer, I’d say. Stuff like content-aware scaling, stacking (in extended), HDR imaging, 3D and science tools are all quite CSI. As for when the real CSI version hits the proverbial street, those in the know can’t divulge.
P
Phosphor
Sep 25, 2008
PS CSI will become available as soon as those stoopid physicists quit wasting time on quantum computing and start developing an OS that will take advantage of the forthcoming boson-based hardware.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 25, 2008
content-aware scaling

that looks cool! 🙂
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Sep 25, 2008
The boson is a quantum object (or is it energy?):D
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 25, 2008
it’s a particle. and a wave.

or is it energy?

sometimes, yes. 😉
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 25, 2008
All right Dr Schroedinger, you can get back in your box now. 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 25, 2008
there is no "box".
J
jcates
Sep 25, 2008
there is no "box".

But there is a spoon.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 25, 2008
there’s not.
J
jcates
Sep 25, 2008
I don’t care what the kid said, there IS a spoon. I’m watching it morph into a dragon right now.
B
Buko
Sep 25, 2008
Can I have some of what your on?
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Sep 25, 2008
There is a cat.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Sep 25, 2008
Only if you see it.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Sep 25, 2008
Me got a new blog <http://imagingpro.wordpress.com/>. Please kick tyres.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 26, 2008
I made it crash your server…

just kidding! 🙂 looks nice mat. i’ll have to look around.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Sep 26, 2008
Just a wordpress shell – not my design nor my server, so see if you can crash it 🙂
DT
Don_Temple
Sep 26, 2008
Read the last 10 posts and refer to my earlier comment!!!
PS
Paulo_Skylar
Sep 26, 2008
I submitted a suggested typo correction. Blog looks nice and I could not crash the server.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 26, 2008

hmm… earlier comment:

I’m confused

got it. 🙂
J
jcates
Sep 26, 2008
<snicker>….BAAAHAHAHA!!
J
jcates
Sep 26, 2008
Anyway….

Looks like CS4 will be worth the upgrade. And just in time for Xmas shopping when I won’t have enough money to spend on myself.

<WaMu>Woo…Hooo!</WaMu>
H
Ho
Sep 26, 2008

This troll doth tempt me sorely.
GR
George_R_Harrison
Sep 28, 2008
I am in the box now and there is a cat here called Buzz.
DT
Don_Temple
Sep 29, 2008
Mill Butt
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 29, 2008
haven’t heard that one before. witty. 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 29, 2008
great great great great grandpa milbut was a country-wide famous builder back in the old country of lithuania. he worked hard and he prospered. word of his skill spread far and wide. one day, his hometown came to him and asked if he could build them a new water mill near the river. he accepted the job and got to work. for years he worked hard. just him and his apprentice. through the seasons and the rain, and blistering sun, and the wind and even the snow. the following spring as the job was nearing completion, disaster struck. that was the year of the great lithuanian lumber shortage where many many acres of trees were blighted by gypsy moths. so out of lumber, with the job almost done, he had to stop work because there was no more lumber to finish the job. the town fathers came to him and asked why he stopped working. great great great great grandpa replied, "I’d like to finish the mill, but…"
JM
J_Maloney
Sep 29, 2008
Work in Milbutucci, Dave.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 29, 2008
XD
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 30, 2008
From J.Nack’s blog

Photoshop Extended upgrade options

A couple of folks have written to ask whether it’s possible to upgrade from Photoshop CS3 Extended to Photoshop CS4 (the non-Extended version), or whether once you’ve bought Extended once you can only buy Extended in the future. The short story is that you have a choice.

It turns out there’s an oversight in our pricing and upgrade mechanisms, and CS4 pricing materials don’t list a way to go CS3 Extended->CS4 standard. We’re working to get that corrected now. You’ll need to call Customer Service if you’d like to go down this route, but you might want to wait a few days for them to get the details squared away.

Ultimately, if you choose to buy Photoshop Extended, we want it to be because it’s the version that you’ve determined best fits your needs–not because you don’t have options.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 30, 2008
that’s good news john. because there are some cool features this time in extended, i might stick to that anyway, but it’s nice to see that adobe’s thinking about this.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections