HF
Posted By
Horst_Fiedler
Sep 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any KB articles or help with printing errors when printing directly from Photoshop to an HP 3600n color laser printer? The one at work prints out pages with a "Kernel error" and the one at home simply doesn’t print even though it say it’s processing documents. I understand PS conversion is done in software with this printer so it may be an HP problem.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
Mylenium
Sep 21, 2008
No idea, frankly. PostScript errors are tricky, to say the least. Does the printer respond to printing from a command line input (i.e. use "copy" in association with a PS, EPS or PDF file to initiate printing)? Have you attempted to install the printer as a "Generic PostScript printer" rather than a specific HP device? As a last option, I’d try an alternate software RIP.

Mylenium
RK
Ronald Keller
Sep 21, 2008
Horst,

I have a HP 3600 without the n so it’s not a network printer but I would think for the rest it’s the same printing engine. (I certainly could be wrong…) Anyway, although printing directly from Photoshop is very cumbersome due to the many bugs, my HP prints without the problems you describe.
Is it only Photoshop that gives you trouble?
Many people have abandoned printing directly from Photoshop especially in CS3 and are using an older version of Photoshop or a third party printing program such as QImage.

Regards,

Ronald

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections