RA
Posted By
Richard_A._Ross
Sep 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For some reason, I got a file that’s only let me do Save for Web in jpg format. I choose png24, click save and it changes to jpg in the save dialog. Then I created a blank doc, copy everything from the problem file over to the new file and I can Save for Web in png just fine.

What’s going on?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Mylenium
Sep 21, 2008
Color mode? Color profiles? Extended meta data? There’s a number of reasons it may not allow you to save as anything other than JPEG (which is the only format supporting all these features).

Mylenium
RA
Richard_A._Ross
Sep 23, 2008
Color mode: RGB 8 Bits/Channel
Color settings: North America General Purpose 2
Extended meta date: I don’t know what this is. But my doc is create from scratch.

Here is the file:

< http://www.gsdigitalworks.com/sites/default/files/nice_menu_ tabs.psd>

Can you check for me?

Thanks!
JM
J_Maloney
Sep 23, 2008
In the save for web (SFW) dialog box you can see there are more than one slices. All the linked slices (grayed out) are set to save as JPG. Including slice 1. Therefore, the JPG extension mystery. If you drop down under "slices" after clicking the blue save button, and select "selected slices," you’ll get a gif (if slice 3 is selected). Or change slice 1 to a gif in the SFW dialog box.

J
RA
Richard_A._Ross
Sep 23, 2008
Ah, I figured what’s going on. It’s actually saving my ‘user defined’ slice in png as my setting. Just that the proposed file name in the save dialog show jpg. Nothing wrong actually.

Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections