B
Posted By
Bcourt
Sep 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have printed some images of Italy (from an old point-and-shoot film camera with images scanned)using Photoshop’s Filters>Artistic>Sponge (or Watercolor) filter. This has proved to be quite a good solution for those beautiful and sentimental images rendered with low res and relatively high noise. I am attempting to use the same technique to make a matched set of prints using some recent Canon 20D-ACR 4.1 rendered images (of beautiful quality, and much larger file size), but the Filter>Artistic options are grayed out of the Filters drop-down menu. All Filter options are executable with my old film images. Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks very much for any help,

Richard

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

O
OldBob
Sep 18, 2008
Under Image > Mode what is the setting?

As far as I know, those filters are only available for RGB images.
B
Bcourt
Sep 18, 2008
Thanks, Bob. The problem was not RGB-related, but was, in fact, solved by my changing Mode to 8-bit from 16-bit. I’ve tried fiddling around with other images, and it seems that certain filters work only with 8-bit images. This is why I had no such problem with my older images, which were 8-bit to begin with. Live and learn. Thanks again,

Richard

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections