AB
Posted By
Andres_Bonilla
Sep 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok, my motherboard went bad so I decided to upgrade my system, I went from W2K to Windows XP and from two hd to three. Here is my problem, somehow my D drive got erased ( I need to recover the data) I was told something about the partition, I think my friend the computer expert erased or formatted it by mistake. Anyhow I also got my old C drive intact! With all the software that was installed….some work like spybot other like Photoshop CS2 and Photomatix DO NOT! So I am worried about re installing everything on my new C drive because of conflicts between drives and its softwares. Should I wipe off the old C drive of all software, even the ones that work? Should I use the unistaller that came with them? I have a perfectly running computer now I do not want to mess it up.

Thanks for your help!

Andres

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Sep 18, 2008
format and reinstall the os on the system drive and start fresh would be my advice.
P
Phosphor
Sep 18, 2008
I second that advice.

If you’re making a fresh start, might as well do it right, rather than deal with the inevitable headaches later.
AB
Andres_Bonilla
Sep 18, 2008
Thanks,my new C drive has Windows XP already installed, the old C drive now labeled old 40 gig is the one with the software, Do I need to reinstalled XP on my new C drive? Could I just erase the old C drive and leave my system drive alone? The old drive is still good and I wanted to use it as storage.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections