Conflict between Quickbooks and Photoshop (ACE.dll)

TS
Posted By
Tim_Sonder
Sep 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone else received strange error messages in Photoshop CS2 regarding missing entry points and sales tax? Once in a great while, I get a conflict between the ace.dll in Quickbooks and the ace.dll in Photoshop. I can’t seem to find a pattern … or a solution beyond a reboot of the system.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Sep 12, 2008
they’re obviously different versions. if they MUST exist on the same system, they probably won’t be happy together. if that’s the case, when they error, reboot is probably the only option.
JT
John_T_Smith
Sep 12, 2008
<soapbox mode ON>

Microsoft made a HORRIBLE design decision, way back with the very first version of Windoze

Allowing every installed program to have full write access to the Registry (not just a simple tag to set a file association so Windoze would know what to use to open a file) has caused no end of problems

What SHOULD have been done is to have an install program put a file association line into the Registry… so Windoze would know that .xyz is opened with xyz.exe and it is located at a certain location

Then, the program and all of it’s dependent files could go in one location… and the only dependent files that Windoze would allow into the Windoze common area would be those that were approved by Microsoft as not causing problems for any other program

If a .dll wasn’t tested and approved, it must go in the program directory with the program

Sadly… what we actually have is the situation as described by the OP

<soapbox mode OFF>
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 12, 2008
note that ace.dll is the adobe color engine, but google states it’s also associated with some malware apps. a virus/spyware scan might be in order.

< http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&am p;=&q=ace.dll&btnG=Google+Search>
H
headutter
Mar 31, 2009
I have Windows Vista Pro. I also have Quick Books Pro 2008. When i try to load it I get an error message saying could not load because ACE.dll is missing. I called QB but all they seem to want to do is sell me an upgrade or a service plan. Does anyone have a solution?
DE
David_E_Crawford
Mar 31, 2009
Read Dave’s post #3. Here is a another link that I googled. When you google your problem there are tons of responses pointing at malware.

< http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090326130059AA xTPJl>

Good luck
TS
Tim_Sonder
Mar 31, 2009
I found, since my original post, that I must finish logging in to QuickBooks (select company, enter password, hit enter) before starting PhotoShop. If I do this I don’t get any errors.
H
headutter
Apr 1, 2009
Thank you
T
terry
Apr 10, 2009
On Mar 31, 5:31 pm, wrote:
I have Windows Vista Pro. I also have Quick Books Pro 2008. When i try to load it I get an error message saying could not load because ACE.dll is missing. I called QB but all they seem to want to do is sell me an upgrade or a service plan. Does anyone have a solution?

After paying for QB (Intuit) service they will just have you go to their website and reinstall QB which you can do without paying for their service. This still leaves you with the Adobe problems (both Adobe Reader and Photoshop). Reloading the newest vesion of Adobe Reader seems to work with QB but I still need to tackle the Photoshop problem.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections