P
Posted By
p645n
Sep 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running CS3 on a fairly recent 5 SATA hard drive XP machine. The drives are not raid arrays — each drive partitioned into one or two partitions is seperate.
I presently have a 20GB Partition for my Photoshop Scratch Disk. The partition named "S" sits on a physical drive that does not contain Photoshop or my XP System Data.
I recently purchased a couple of 1TB drives. The new drives are faster then my present drives because of areal density. Therefor I’ve created a 20 GB partition on one of the new drives for a Photoshop Scratch Disk.
Finally here comes my question:
Going to Edit>Preferences>Performance I attempted to uncheck my old Scratch Disk as I no longer wanted it active. Photoshop will not allow me to do this. I can check & uncheck my new Scratch Disk. I can not boot into safe mode & attempt to uncheck the box as that terrible Flexnet Licensing does not allow Photoshop to run.
I can not reformat the "S" drive with Windows — it appears Photoshop is preventing that operation.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks in advance!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Sep 10, 2008
Trashing your preferences will reset the scratch file setting. Once you have it right and set up your other preferences, save a backup copy!
F
Freeagent
Sep 10, 2008
Just to cover the basics – is the new drive initialized? You can’t format until then.

Also – you can’t uncheck one scratch drive unless there’s at least one other checked.
P
p645n
Sep 10, 2008
"Just to cover the basics…you can’t uncheck one scratch drive unless there’s at least one other checked."

Oh No! — I’m that STOOPID!

Freeagent — thanks that was the problem. After activating my new scratch disk I could THEN UNCHECK my old one.

Thanks to both you & Michael for taking the time to help — Best to both of you.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections