Posted By
Len_Nurkin
Sep 9, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Thank you Donald.
Are there any specifics you can share with me, regarding the clone tool or healing brush,or do you know of any other tools or procedures that I could follow.
Len

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Sep 9, 2008
hi len, there are many many tutorials on using the clone and healing brush on the web (google "photoshop clone tool tutorial" for example).

success rate will probably depend on the quality of the image and what’s being blocked by the flash. for instance, if it’s someone’s face, you’re probably going to have a real hard time. if it’s just a wall, it may be very easy.

good luck, dave
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Sep 9, 2008
A glare is a hole; not a spec of dirt you can flick off a physical print. The clone tool or healing brush (or whatever other of the 1000 tools/methods you choose) is used to fill in that hole. Whatever process you use will cover up the glare with what you personally believe should be there (you are a painter). Don’t be looking for something to remove or lift off the glare. There is nothing underneath the glare.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 9, 2008
great way to put it jim.
DR
Donald_Reese
Sep 9, 2008
Just remember the healing brush works totally different than the clone tool. the healing brush tries to blend with areas around the repair,so you can get strange results if you are not using it properly. with practice though,it is very effective. here is an example. if i used the clone tool to sample from area 1,and i brushed in the missing black area,till i met the white line,it would make it a straight repair, but if i used the healing brush to sample from point 1 and repair, it would draw white into the repair,leaving a grayish mess. to use the healing brush in this scenario,i would sample from area 2,which when brushed into the repair would make a clean repair because it would draw white from the right and black from the left and there would be no blending. the rectangle up right shows what happens when the healing tool is used incorrectly in this example.

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1xsY1TgexeACz2s64T UZTHPmQnoB0>
SM
Sean_Magee
Sep 16, 2008
Did you try using the Patch Tool

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections