B
Posted By
bduncan43
Sep 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Photoshop 7.0, with the RAW & JPEG 2000 add-in, I lose the rank and orientation after a few days. There has been no system crash, though that shouldn’t matter. I HAVE upgraded my Windows 2000 Professional to fend off the new worms, though that’s probably unrelated.

Anyone have experience with this? (Would like to report to Adobe, but I don’t want to pay for support to do it.)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DJ
dennis johnson
Sep 14, 2003
Can you explain what you mean by "rank and orientation"?

Do you mean the filenames of your images change?
RK
Rob Keijzer
Sep 14, 2003
Justleaned about something like this from Deke McClelland’s book. (man, am I glad I bought it!).

When burning your work on a CD and when you later browse that CD, Photoshop has to generate the thumbnails from scratch, because PS lost the link to that folder. (often it’s not on your system)

This also happens when you rename or move a directory. PS has no idea what files are in this ‘new’ dir and regenerates the thumbnails.
Rank is lost. don’t know about orientation.

The solution: Undock the browse palette and click on the triangle top right, an select export. This generates two files in the current folder:

AdobePS7.tb0 (the thumbnails)
AdobePS7.md0 (the meta data)

Always put them on cd’s in the folder that it concerns.

Hope this helps out,
Rob.
DJ
dennis johnson
Sep 14, 2003
I’m amazed that you figured that out from bduncan’s post, Rob. With that explanation, it makes sense.

He didn’t specify that he was using the File Browser, so that was a definite leap of logic to get where you did. Congratulations – good catch!

🙂
RK
Rob Keijzer
Sep 15, 2003
Dennis,
Since the story was about "rank" I guessed it must be about the file browser, because rank is nowhere else used.

So thanks for congratulations!
Rob.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections