Views
Replies
Status
Closed

http://adobe.istreamplanet.com/

Bob

P.S. to Dave: sorry about that. 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Sep 3, 2008
XD

this is old news bob!

dave milbut, "Hmmmm!" #1228, 3 Sep 2008 9:19 am </webx?14/1228>

🙂
J
jcates
Sep 4, 2008
And my home PC died last night, too. Can’t live without a new one asap so I’m building a new one now. If CS4 won’t run on it, then CS4’s minreqs are way too frickin high.

Still looking forward to it with more than a little bit of skepticism.
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 4, 2008
As long as you’re building you might want to consider Vista 64 given that Photoshop CS4 will be available in 64 bit.

Bob
J
jcates
Sep 4, 2008
Yep. Gonna go ahead and get a 64-bit version. Home Premium probably.

Used the last one till it died 4.5 years in. Plan to use the next one for about as long and 64-bit will be the norm soon enough anyway.

I just hope PCIe doesn’t get replaced by something as quick as AGP did with my last one… that limited my options pretty quick.
RB
Robert_Barnett
Sep 4, 2008
As Bob said you may want to consider 64-bit OS for better memory. That is if everything else you have an aren’t upgrading you can get 64-bit drivers for. I would also highly recommend investing in a good higher end video card with at least 512MB of RAM. These can be had for $100 to $150. From the rumors I am seeing and have been seeing for sometime GPU support I think is going to prove very important and you will want a good one. I have two ATI Radeo 1650 cards each with 512MB of RAM (I have 3 monitors). If you go 64-bit and depending on the size images you work with I would get at least 4GB of RAM, 8GB of matched ram can be had for around $200 to $250. If you are sticking with 32-bit then 8GB won’t help. Make sure and check what the motherboard will handle for most you will need 2GB modules with a MB that can handle that and 4 sticks.

Good luck,

Robert
CF
chris_farrell
Sep 4, 2008
What are the specs for CS4?
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 4, 2008
Unannounced. You’ll need to wait til the 23rd at least.

Bob
CF
chris_farrell
Sep 4, 2008
cheers Bob.

I thought Jcates had a heads up on that one……I’m sure it will run on most systems…
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Sep 4, 2008
You can get a hint by looking at the system requirements for the other CS4 betas: <http://labs.adobe.com/>
J
jcates
Sep 4, 2008
I thought Jcates had a heads up on that one

LOL

Oh man, do I wish that was true.
🙂
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 4, 2008
I thought Jcates had a heads up on that one

NDA would still apply.

Bob
BC
Bart_Cross
Sep 4, 2008
jcates: you can get a good deal on Vista Ultimate, it includes both a 32 & 64 bit version, you may want to dual-boot until you are sure all your favourite peripherals & softwares work under 64. My AGFA scanner only works on 32 bit.
F
Freeagent
Sep 5, 2008
My AGFA scanner only works on 32 bit.

A similar situation held me off 64-bit for a while. Then I thought what the heck and just went out and bought a new Epson scanner.

….and the clouds lifted. It was so much better than my old one. The law of improving technology applies to scanners also.
BC
Bart_Cross
Sep 5, 2008
Well my AGFA T1200 is a great old Cadillac and I wouldn’t give it up for a second.
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 5, 2008
Then I thought what the heck and just went out and bought a new Epson scanner.

Exactly what I did.

The two printers I had that I couldn’t get 64 bit drivers for had MS supplied drivers installed with Vista so the scanner was the only casualty.

Since it was eight years old anyway, I didn’t mind giving it away.

Bob
DM
Don_McCahill
Sep 5, 2008
I love it. Now they are announcing the date when they will announce the date when software is going to be released. What’s next? The date when they announce the pre-announcement?
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 5, 2008
It happened last time, too. This is nothing new.

Bob
J
jcates
Sep 5, 2008
I’ve already ordered the hardware from newegg and will get the case and OS from work with my discount (hardware would have been special order and cost would be nearly twice as much).

And I’ve already decided on 64-bit. Ultimate has loads of stuff but Home Premium will have much fewer things I won’t need or use.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Sep 5, 2008
Dual boot can help the 64 bit driver problem.

I wouldn’t worry about PCIE being gone quickly.
F
Freeagent
Sep 5, 2008
Ultimate has loads of stuff but Home Premium will have much fewer things I won’t need or use.

You have to decide whether you really want all that media center stuff – for most of it there are IMO better alternatives out there. I like to run a tight ship, and for my desktop I chose Business for that reason.

That said, I also have a laptop with Home Premium, and I must say I don’t notice much difference in everyday use.
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 5, 2008
The Business version seems to offer a more "businesslike" mix of features without the frippery.
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 5, 2008
I bought everything from Newegg including the OEM Vista Ultimate 64.

FWIW, I love the Antec Sonata Designer case. Lots of room and for what I do the 550 watt power supply is more than enough.

Bob
J
jcates
Sep 5, 2008
Well, I’m not gonna be watching movies on my computer unless I really want to watch them on a smaller screen in my room via the DVD-ROM. Don’t have cable or satellite or whatever the kids are blowing their money on these days. There’s plenty on free over-the-air TV for me to watch and if that dries up, I got games to play.

My better alternative for watching media stuff is the big widescreen in the living room. Bigger and better sound than I could get out of my computer, too.

With my last computer, I almost got XP Pro but when I saw the difference between it and Home, I knew I wouldn’t use the extra stuff Pro offered on my home computer so I just got Home.

My notebook has XP Pro (no choice) but I fear I’ll need to replace that before too long as well… it’s starting to become a bit aged, too. And I’ll get that from work as well. Discounts are nice. 🙂

Going AMD with the new home desktop. Intel’s become too vile for me to tolerate anymore.

I have CS2 Design Premium at home and will likely get the CS4 upgrade shortly after it’s available. Even though CS3 has its issues, I’ve grown comfortable with it at work and really hope CS4 isn’t a let down.
J
jcates
Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, I looked at the cost of the OS’s on NewEgg and compared them with what my cost would be at work and it’s a little less, so I’ll just get that here.

As for cases, I have loads of options here. I think we even have the Antec you’re talking about. I’m getting a 750W PS since I’m also getting a hefty video card and may even get another to CrossFire it and will need the extra wattage. We have cases with and without power supplies and the bigger ones typically don’t have one. I’ll likely pick one of those.

Was briefly tempted to get a micro hybrid board and one of our little cube cases, but that wouldn’t have provided the full graphics power (almost, but not quite) I’m gonna want when I play games so….
BC
Bart_Cross
Sep 5, 2008
I have Ultimate, you can un-install anything you don’t need or want. I only suggested it because it includes both versions. Depends on the purchaser, I got Ultimate because I got a good price and started with a dual-boot. Fortunately I have a second machine for the scanner, which has many good years in it and Painter 9.5 doesn’t seem to want to install on my machine, so I can use the other station for different work that I do.
CF
chris_farrell
Sep 5, 2008
Sorry O.T.

Yeah, Painter is a little touchy with Vista. Also, it seems, it doesn’t matter how powerful your hardware it always seems slow…I crave those tools but I feel it’s overpopulated with options that slow it down. Shame really.
BC
Bart_Cross
Sep 5, 2008
chris: I had it installed under Vista 64, but somewhere down the road I could not re-install it. It worked really well and wasn’t too slow except using really complicated custom brushes, but then again I would have expected that.
CF
chris_farrell
Sep 5, 2008
Cheers Bart..Maybe the issue is I need them BIG….at least 60 ins wide @200 ppi ..Minimum

Maybe v.11 will have solutions – but it’s a great program all the same – come on PS do some ‘proper’ water brush interaction features 🙂 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections