GH
Posted By
GC_Ho
Sep 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Photoshop CS3 (Windows XP) all of a sudden takes over a minute to open any file. The programs starts fine, then when I select a file to open, the program pauses, then hangs for over a minute and the photoshop window becomes blank before the file finally appears. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Sep 1, 2008
make sure network printers are online, or delete network printers. you can readd (active) printers later.
GH
GC_Ho
Sep 1, 2008
Actually I don’t print with this computer… there are no network printers connected.
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 1, 2008
Try making a generic printer driver your default printer. If you don’t have one, download the Adobe Postscript driver here:

< http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=p drv&platform=win>

All part of the fascinating world of Photoshop CS3.
GH
GC_Ho
Sep 2, 2008
Wow, Thanks! That seemed to have done the trick! Appreciate all of your help!!!! What’s really strange to me though is that it had been working fine for months, then all of a sudden this freezing… Anyway thanks for your time and help!
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 2, 2008
It happened to me "all of a sudden" too. I could not pin it down to any specific cause. Although I aim to be in control of what gets changed on my computers, some things have unforeseen knock-on effects.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections