J
Posted By
jeffreyxzx
Aug 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there, I dunno why I cannot install Photoshop CS3 after upgrading my OS to Vista SP1. I have searched for lots of "solution" in Google but they seem to be useless and I am still unable to install PS in my computer.

Does anyone here has the above situation and would you mind to tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jeffreyxzx
Aug 27, 2008
The error message "Component Install Failed" appeared on many items (Photoshop CS3, Shared Component, etc.) : (
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 27, 2008
after upgrading my OS to Vista SP1.

How did you go about that and what version of Vista?

Bob
J
jeffreyxzx
Aug 27, 2008
I bought a new computer with Vista Home Premium installed, and i updated the vista to SP1 through Windows Update .. after that, i am unable to install PS on my computer ..

I dunno whether this is the problem of compatibility between PS and Vista SP1 .. please help : (
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 27, 2008
Call Adobe Tech Support. Installation issues are handle free of charge.

Bob
CF
chris_farrell
Aug 27, 2008
Uninstall the service pack…
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 27, 2008
i’d say that’s bad advice.
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 27, 2008
i’d say that’s bad advice.

I concur.

Bob
JJ
John Joslin
Aug 27, 2008
Terrible advice!
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 27, 2008
Terrible advice!

well, i didn’t want to offend anyone! XD 😉
JJ
John Joslin
Aug 27, 2008
Oh you know me. Call a spade a $@*&£~# shovel!
C
Curvemeister
Aug 27, 2008
What error message do you see when you try to install?
MF
Mattias_Fjellvang
Oct 23, 2008
Hello.

I got almost the same problem as he got.

I just got Windows Vista 32 bit version. I got it installed before but suddenly I cud dent launch the program, and then I re installed the software, in due to I cud install it again. But I was wrong. It gives this this error: <http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unbenannt1mb5.jpg>.
MF
Mattias_Fjellvang
Oct 23, 2008
even though i reinstalled everything and deleted adobe folder and such. nothin helps! 🙁

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections