GD
Posted By
Gary Demos
Aug 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve no clue why this is happening. When I select my R1800 printer in CS3 (it is not my default printer) all the dialogue forms throughout the printing process take about 2 minutes each. It practically freezes the computer. It happens immediately when I select the R1800 and disappears completely as soon as the last dialogue form is done (and the printer starts reacting).

I have Vista and CS3 working fine at home with an R2200 Epson. Any ideas? It works fine with the other printer on my network (a Ricoh Multi-function system).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Mylenium
Aug 28, 2008
I tend to think that it’s an security issue with some of the helper processes for the printer. Epson printers launch a number of executables to display dialogs, status monitors and so on and they may either be hindered by limited permissions or run in compatibility mode. I’d investigate that and maybe re-install/ update the driver. Also make sure you run any installs as administrator on Vista. Likewise, attempt to print with full admin priviliges and see if it is any different. Lastly, if your printer comes with any soft-proof and RIP tools, try to not install them and use the printer directly. Maybe it’s just the initialization of these tools that takes forever.

Mylenium

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections