Re-installed Photoshop 5.0, not opening.

VG
Posted By
Vicki_Grady
Aug 25, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Photoshop 5.0 just stopped working one day, so I un-installed it. When I tried to re-install it wouldn’t do it at first. It finally re-installed but when I try to open Photoshop all I get is the top menu and a gray background with the hourglass. And then nothing happens. I have the windows xp if that makes a difference. I’m hoping someone and give me some advise so I can use this program again. Thanks!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
Don_McCahill
Aug 25, 2008
Is this full Photoshop, or another version (Elements or Album). If the former, version 5.0 is a very, very old version, and really can’t be expected to work smoothly with current systems.
VG
Vicki_Grady
Aug 25, 2008
Thank you for your response Don. It is the full version of Photoshop 5.0. It had been working and one day it said it was missing a file. So, I uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall. It has been reinstalled but still does not open. It should work on the window XP. At least it used too. Now all I get is the top bar menu and the rest is just a gray background with the hour glass. Not responding. Should I try to re-install it again??? Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections