Posted By
Ji&#345_
Aug 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I recently installed PS CS2 (bought via Amazon) and it seems many keys do not work properly and are misintepreted by PS.

For example –
F1 – F2 stands for p,q,r,s,t…z,}
Delete for ","

Also Escape and arrows do not work as they should (maybe also some other) – this is most evident while editing a text, then when I press Esc, Del or F# then it’s just inserting symbols instead of cancelling, deleting, or nothing (in case of F#)

Shift,Alt,Ctrl works fine

In the same time I installed PS I also changed my keyboard, however when I tried the previous one it was the same and also I didn’t notice any other problem anywhere else with it, so it really should be PS.

I have Windows XP SP3 czech version

Thank you very much

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

F
Freeagent
Aug 22, 2008
Ouch…

Did you also buy it recently – say, post April/May 2007?

Shrink-wrapped and Made in Singapore?
JJ
John Joslin
Aug 22, 2008
have you read this thread?

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c062174/77>
J
Ji&#345_
Aug 22, 2008
to Freeagent and John Joslin:
I bought it recently, arrived circa a week ago. There’s written that it’s made in US…and I thought that time Amazon should be more reliable than eBay, reseller was
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/home.html>?
ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0 DER&isCBA=&orderID=105-4936504-8390603&asin=&amp ;marketplaceSeller=&seller=A399QVV66IES4&isPopup=
(Price was not that surprising as now CS2 is several years old software)

Can I somehow verify that I don’t have a pirated version and that I bought real and legal copy of CS2 ? The support section of Adobe web is a real labyrinth… I wouldn’t be happy if I had 🙁

Also this is the only issue I’ve encountered, everythink else works fine
J
Ji&#345_
Aug 22, 2008
Actually yes, there’s made in singapour… damn 🙁
Does that automatically mean it’s pirated?
Will try to contact them then…
J
Ji&#345_
Aug 22, 2008
Yeah, I spoke with Czech support … serial is not valid:(
F
Freeagent
Aug 22, 2008
If it’s any consolation you’re not the first…at least you didn’t pay the full price.
J
Ji&#345_
Aug 22, 2008
Thank you, I know… it has to seem almost funny, that people stil falls for this… it’s just that prices of soft in our country is pretty high…at least I earned experience, when not PS…

Thank you for responses
JJ
John Joslin
Aug 22, 2008
Prices are just as bad all over Europe.
F
Freeagent
Aug 22, 2008
True. But I don’t mind that so much…it’s more that they are giving it away virtually for free in the U.S… 😉

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections