What’s the best way to do Chroma Keys on Photoshop?

OE
Posted By
O_E
Aug 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I come from the video field, I started taking professionals photographs recently and took some pictures against a green background for a video that I was doing.

What is the BEST way to do a chroma key on photoshop? I dont find any ‘chroma key’ function as in Adobe Premiere for example, but I know there must be a way. I tried ‘selecting’ and area but I dont think that’s the best way to do it

Please have in mind I am not an ‘expert’ on photoshop, I know my way around it and can follow instructions very well.

I am using the CS2 version. Thank you.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Curvemeister
Aug 22, 2008
Probably the all around best way is blend-if sliders in Lab mode. Convert to Lab, double click on the layer and experiment with the range of a and b values to eliminate the background, if necessary add a garbage matte layer mask, and you’re there.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections