D
Posted By
diana618
Aug 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently installed a wireless Verizon modem. Since then, Photoshop 7 automatically launches when I connect to the internet I cannot find anything in Edit to stop it from launching. How can I disable this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Aug 21, 2008
sounds like its the auto update kicking in tell Photoshop not to check for updates as there will be no more for that version.
D
diana618
Aug 21, 2008
I just checked, edit> preferences> Adobe online, and it was set to never check for updates.
B
Buko
Aug 21, 2008
I have no idea.
D
diana618
Aug 22, 2008
Thanks anyway.
JJ
John Joslin
Aug 22, 2008
You don’t give any information about your system.

I can only suggest looking to see if PS has been associated with anything other than image files. Look in Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > file types.

What do you mean with "connect to the internet"? Open a browser? Click on a web site?
P
Phosphor
Aug 22, 2008
I have a similar issue, also with PS7(but not CS) which started after getting hooked up to Verizon. It only happens intermittently. I may just uninstall 7 which I rarely use any more.
D
diana618
Aug 22, 2008
Ed – I have a scanner as well, though the problem is not intermittent.

John – Sorry for not being more specific. I use VZ Access Manager, to connect. I am not using IE or on a website, only connected via my wireless modem to Verizon. It is at this point that PS launches. I have XP professional, and have installed service paks. My scanner is HP 64010. I am not sure what other information you would need, however I very much appreciate everyone’s help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections