LG
Posted By
Larry_Gatz
Aug 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have deleted the PS preferances file to correct this problem only to have the problem re-occur when PS is re-started.

With a tool selected, the mode menu drops down and returns before a selection maybe made. Unusable situation.

I have returned to CS2 as a work around.

Any suggestions?

Larry Gatz

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
BILL_HUNT
Aug 29, 2008
Check to see if you have the MS InteliPoint mouse driver loaded. If so, remove it. Know that it sounds odd, but it does not play well with most Adobe programs and causes all sorts of problems.

If you need other support on this, go to the Adobe Premiere forums and search "InteliPoint." Read.

Hunt
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 30, 2008
maybe he’s using an older driver. if so, update…
LG
Larry_Gatz
Aug 30, 2008
I solved the menu blinking problem.
I deleted the preferences file and rebooted. Pretty sure that’s what took care of my problem. CS3 seems to run normally now and I can finally use it…I was so close to reverting to CS2!

Now if I could only get rid of Adobe Stock Photos…I’ve manually deleted it at least twice…thought I had it last time, but no.

It’s back.

Thank you Adobe.

Larry Gatz
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 30, 2008
I’ve been using an Intellimouse for almost a year with CS3 and Vista 64.

No problems at all. There were issues with earlier drivers but I’m pretty sure they’ve all been cleared up now.

Bob
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 30, 2008
Just go into your Bridge prefs and turn it off there. You’ll never see it again.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections