S
Posted By
SKeegan
Aug 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a bunch of different Crop Tool settings. I use Preset Manager to sort them into a logical order. If I exit & restart PShop (CS3) they are back in the order in which they were created. How do I ensure that the preset preferences are restored between sessions?
Sean

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Aug 19, 2008
Well, from what I can tell presets are ordered alphanumerically, so you may have to rename (or prepend existing names) of the Crop Tool presets you currently have so that the leading characters cause them to fall into the order you prefer.
S
SKeegan
Aug 19, 2008
Thanks, I have been doing that as a "workaround", but since it doesn’t work for others, I guess it’s the permanent solution. Odd that the Preset Manager allows you to re-order the tools by dragging them up or down.
Thanks,
Sean
P
Phosphor
Aug 19, 2008
Have you tried reordering just the presets for one tool-type (say, "Crop & Marquee Presets"), then saving them out as a new set? Then, load that new set back in and try the quit-and-relaunch Photoshop thing again. Maybe there’s some hidden metadata about the order of the presets that supercedes the alphanumeric ordering, and which will be read when the saved set is loaded.

I dunno, just tossing a different idea into the ring.

It’s worth a try, anyway.
S
SKeegan
Aug 20, 2008
I tried it and they just re-sort alphabetically. I can live with it; I thought there might be something wrong with my particular installation.
Thanks,
Sean

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections