Posted By
alan_h_king
Aug 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using PS 7.

How can I place guides (or anything to guide me) at varying angles on an A4 page. I need them to show me where to place rules, but the rules have to be at exact angles. I need the rules to be exact when I import the PS file into ID.

Many thanks
Alan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Aug 12, 2008
Unfortunately, in spite of requests repeated for at least 5 years, Photoshop’s guidelines can’t be rotated. So you’ll have to work around this limitation.

Use the Custom Shape/Line Tool. In the Options Bar, at left choose the left-most button of the set of three to create "Shape Layers. Choose a color, and set the Stle drop-down to "No Style". Set your line thickness, hold your Shift Key, and draw out a horizontal or vertical line.

Now, CTRL + T will allow you to transform that Line shape. Again, look to the Options bar for the "Rotate" numerical entry field. Enter your desired value there and hit "Enter" or "Return" twice.

CTRL + H will hide the vector outline of the line.
AH
alan_h_king
Aug 12, 2008
Thats great, many thanks.
P
Phosphor
Aug 12, 2008
Also, Alan…if you have Illustrator, you could always build your guidelines there (Maybe you’ll need to use a placed raster image as a template?), then place or paste them en masse into Photoshop as any number of formats offered—pixels, paths, shape layer or smart object.
GA
George_Austin
Aug 13, 2008
Good ‘ol Filter Factory is a very simple and more precise alternative.
P
Phosphor
Aug 13, 2008
Of course, the details of this—how you say—Filter Factory—are top secret and must remain that way.

🙂
GA
George_Austin
Aug 13, 2008
Phos

No secrets. Needless to say, googling Filter Factory will lead you to all you’ll ever want to know.

George

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections