KB
Posted By
Kim_Berry
Aug 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Photoshop, Bridge & Device Central, Adobe Help Viewer 1.1 opens with message "This topic is in the Help system of another product. To view the topic, install that product. about:blank"
In Adobe Reader, Adobe Help Viewer has message "File not found. about:blank"

In all cases the product name then chosen from the "help for:" pull-down menu only displays momentarily before leaving the "help for:" field empty again.

I run win XP with SP2 & Photoshop CS3 Extended (English version). All latest Adobe updates are installed. I updated Adobe Help Viewer to version 1.1.198 for Danish windows (as per knowledgebase} to no effect & reset preferences with control+alt+shift+ click help which didn’t appear to do anything.

Opening help via C\prog files\adobe\adobe help viewer 1.1\ahv.exe results in the same message etc. All the photoshop help files are in C\prog files\common files\adobe\help\ en.us\photoshop\10.0 & help works ok clicking on help.html

After four PS reinstalls & a week of patiently reading posts, I’ve found similar CS2 problems but CS3 help file layout is different & I’m not good enough to translate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections