AM
Posted By
Aaron_Mitchamore
Aug 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running CS2 with Windows Vista, the same photograph look completely different in Photoshop than in the Bridge or any other applications. My Working Spaces is set to:
RGB: Adobe RGB 1998
CMYK: U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2
Gray: Gray Gamma 2.2
Spot: Dot Gain 20%

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
John Joslin
Aug 10, 2008
When did yo last calibrate your monitor? And how?
AM
Aaron_Mitchamore
Aug 10, 2008
John,
I calibrate my about once a month using Adobe Gamma program.
CF
chris_farrell
Aug 10, 2008
I think you can set Bridge to be colour managed…that’s the first thing I would check……

Also Adobe gamma isn’t really up to the job. If colour is really important to you and if you have a good enough monitor and a spare £120 I’d recommend a EyeOne Display2.

From experience, if you are using a cheap TN monitor I wouldn’t bother with hardware calibration as you will never get good image colour reproduction from a poor quality LCD.
F
Freeagent
Aug 11, 2008
I think you can set Bridge to be colour managed

That setting is "allow color settings from Bridge" or something (not at my CS3 machine) and only in a suite installation. It’s mainly for synchronizing color settings between the apps. AFAIK, Bridge should be color managed as is.

As general troubleshooting, try clearing the Bridge cache and allow it to rebuild, and clear the Bridge prefs as well.
F
Freeagent
Aug 11, 2008
Oh, and one more thing:

if you are using a cheap TN monitor I wouldn’t bother with hardware calibration as you will never get good image colour reproduction from a poor quality LCD

That is of course correct in a strict sense, but nevertheless: I calibrated my laptop and was astonished by the improvement. It’s not as good as my desktop monitors of course, but it’s close enough for field work.
CF
chris_farrell
Aug 11, 2008
Thanks for the adjustments Freeagent….

I had a nightmare with a Samsung 2232 ( ditched it after a week or so ) the colours were always off despite being calibrated with the eyeone. The vertical viewing angle was so poor I had a dark tone at the top and a bright tone at the bottom of the monitor…….It was impossible to tell which was right?…..

But yeah, I guess if it’s close enough for general work then that’s OK……
F
Freeagent
Aug 11, 2008
had a dark tone at the top and a bright tone at the bottom of the monitor

Agreed, that’s a big pain in the butt with laptops, and you see it on expensive as well as cheap models. But anyway I said better, not perfect…
JK
Julian_Klauke
Aug 11, 2008
I do have a calibrated monitor and my problem is that using the normal windows app to view pictures (I don’t know how it’s called in English, I’m sorry) the pictures appear very different than in PS or Bridge.
Between PS and Brigde I’ve never seen a difference.
So it is actually no problem for me (because I could watch the pictures in Bridge) but for others whom I give the pictures and who use the windows app (additionally to the already existing difference because of non-calibrated monitors).
Is there anything I could do?
CF
chris_farrell
Aug 11, 2008
You’ve done your bit by making the image as true as possible. It would seem images outside of colour management are out of your control.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections