NA
Posted By
Neil_A._Parker
Aug 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have had to go back to PS 6.0 from PS CS. I have a hard drive full of files I edited with cs and some of those are not able to be opened and I get the error message "Cannot open b/c there is not enough memory (RAM)"

I am running on XP version 2002 and I have a 1 GB of RAM. I’ve tried to mess with the cache settings and how much RAM PS uses.

What else can I do or what should I put these settings on? I never had issues with CS on this same computer.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
Jim_Jordan
Aug 6, 2008
<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.2ccffb0c>

Why do you have to go back from CS?
NA
Neil_A._Parker
Aug 6, 2008
I had to have my laptop hard drive replaced and only have the media for PS 6.0. I upgraded and can not find my CS media to re-install and was trying to avoid paying for it again and just use ps 6.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Aug 6, 2008
Then you seem to be stuck based on the FAQ linked above.

You might try opening the files in an alternate program that can read PSD (like GIMP from gimp.org) and then re-save as a new PSD file.

If you still have your serial number/registration data for CS, you might try looking for used software sellers that offer CS media. Their media is most likely pirated but you could use your own license to install it.
NA
Neil_A._Parker
Aug 6, 2008
I have no idea where the registration number is, its on the jewl case the software is in wherever that is.

Thanks for the help though. I might just have to buy it all over again.
H
Ho
Aug 6, 2008
Make sure you run the 6.01 updater which includes improved memory management.

< http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=11 21&fileID=1121>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections