Posted By
Mitch_Rosefelt
Aug 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi:
I set my mouse to work left handed and when I try to move a window by dragging in the title bar in PShop CS3 Extended, it won’t move the window. ALL other functions work so far. The mouse cursor even changes to an arrow. When I first noticed the problem, I switched the cursor type to "precise", exited prefs, then back to "standard", but at this point no settings will correct the problem.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

F
Freeagent
Aug 6, 2008
I think this is a known bug. There was something about switching left and right buttons.

Correct me if I’m wrong someone.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 6, 2008
no, i think that’s correct FA. …
MR
Mitch_Rosefelt
Aug 6, 2008
The short fix, which seems to be working every time, is to simply make a selection in an image and then deselect. Then window dragging is restored for the rest of the PShop session. Problem recurs each time it is launched.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 6, 2008
weird…
ML
Mary_L_Bernard
Oct 25, 2008
I’ve had the CS3 and left-handed mouse problem for ages. But I’ve accidentally hit on a solution – at least it’s a solution for me.

The accident was a botched reinstall of a Wacom tablet driver, after which I couldn’t use the tablet (mouse or pen), or my ordinary cordless mouse. I reinstalled the drivers for both, from the original CDs. When I opened Photoshop, I could move windows around!

Tablet and mouse are both 4 years old, and I’d applied several updates over those 4 years. This time I’m going to stick with the original drivers.

I don’t know whether other left-handers, with other combinations of mouse and tablet drivers, would get the same result, but it might be worth a try. The workaround is such a pain!

And here’s hoping it’s fixed in CS4.

Mary

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections