N
Posted By
Notsoswift
Aug 3, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I hope whomever is billing himself as "Camden Communications" saved copies of the originals of the images appearing at

http://www.westvegas.com/wynn_encore_lasvegas_history.html

before he smeared and oversaturated them all. A few lessons in Adobe Photoshop might do ya some good, buddy.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John J
Aug 3, 2008
Notsoswift wrote:
I hope whomever is billing himself as "Camden Communications" saved copies of the originals of the images appearing at

before he smeared and oversaturated them all. A few lessons in Adobe Photoshop might do ya some good, buddy.

Actually, that is Erik Wunstell’s personal style. He consistently renders things just that way. Hey, it’s Vegas.
TD
The DOS Man
Aug 3, 2008
I dunno. I like his stuff. Maybe your eyes are getting old.

And which Sockpuppet are you next?

"Notsoswift" wrote in message

MR
Mike Russell
Aug 3, 2008
On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 08:19:20 -0500, Notsoswift wrote:

I think he’s going for the kitshcy, postcard look. Gotta agree, though this is not what you would use to bring out the subtle tones of a portrait. —
Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com
E
erikwunstell
Aug 4, 2008

==============================================

Dear Not So Swift,

I’m the person you are advising should take Photoshop lessons….and also the one "billing" himself as Camden Communications (which has been on my business license since 1974) .

First of all, I do not own Photoshop. I use some rinky dink, $15 image software. I work on a junky, outdated 14" CRT monitor and have no way of knowing how the images appear on your flat screen monitor.

The original images are in terrible shape. It took hours to make each image viewable.

I appreciate John for realizing that I am using a certian "style". And I’m very glad that DOS Man
seems to understand.

The past was never seen in ‘sepia’ or B&W by those living in it. Life has always been lived in full, vivid, technicolor. That’s the point I’m trying to make. So, yes…I purposely max out the saturation. And I blur out certain blemishes because my clone tool is pretty limited.

Someday I’ll get better software and a flat monitor…and maybe be able to actually see how my stuff looks. Until then though…. I’ll continue posting in my desired fashion.

I hope that’s okay with you.
N
Notsoswift
Aug 4, 2008
wrote:

Dear Not So Swift,

I’m the person you are advising should take Photoshop lessons….and also the one "billing" himself as Camden Communications (which has been on my business license since 1974) .

First of all, I do not own Photoshop. I use some rinky dink, $15 image software. I work on a junky, outdated 14" CRT monitor and have no way of knowing how the images appear on your flat screen monitor.
The original images are in terrible shape. It took hours to make each image viewable.

I appreciate John for realizing that I am using a certian "style". And I’m very glad that DOS Man
seems to understand.

The past was never seen in ‘sepia’ or B&W by those living in it. Life has always been lived in full, vivid, technicolor. That’s the point I’m trying to make. So, yes…I purposely max out the saturation. And I blur out certain blemishes because my clone tool is pretty limited.
Someday I’ll get better software and a flat monitor…and maybe be able to actually see how my stuff looks. Until then though…. I’ll continue posting in my desired fashion.

It’s fine with me. You’re the one with your name on the images.
E
erikwunstell
Aug 4, 2008
It’s fine with me. �You’re the one with your name on the images.- Hide quoted text –
Well, you are the one hiding behind your appropriate screen-name.

Now, please leave me alone you critical know-it-all.

I won’t be back to see your next flame.
!
!
Aug 8, 2008
Erik, you should have a look at Paint.Net, it is free, and there are quite a few free plug-ins as well.

wrote in message

==============================================

Dear Not So Swift,

seems to understand.

J
jaSPAMc
Aug 8, 2008
If the intent is preservation rather than ‘artistry’, then you should attempt to restore to actual colouring, not over saturated, blurred, distorted, or whatever …!

Take a look at the excellent work done by the Las Vegas News Bureau!

Funny I didn’t run into you during my 28 years running a graphics and video production company in LV!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections