Please help with odd issue with PSCS2!!!

AL
Posted By
Alyssa_Leigh
Jul 31, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is the first time this happened i dont know what on earth happened i was pressing some quick keys to save and edit some layered items in my photoshop.

and instead of the Regular cursor for the Marquee tool i get this hand and anytime i want to switch tools, ie; Paint, Selector, etc it stays as this hand and everytime i click it pops up a context menu saying (actual size, fit to size, zoom or something or another) and i restarted PS and restarted windows but it wont go away!

this is the first time it happened, im not sure if i activated something wrong, i cant get a screen shot of the hand but it looks like the icon next to the magnifying glass:

<http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9182/pswtfae1.jpg>

that is what my layout looks like, so its not selected but somehow i cant get around it!

if anyone can help please! i have been working on a long grueling project and now this haults me! urgh!!
thanks!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John Joslin
Jul 31, 2008
It sounds as if your space bar is stuck or sticking.

That’s where most of the coffee and crumbs go!
AL
Alyssa_Leigh
Jul 31, 2008
thanks! now its gone, im not sure what the reason for it was, but all is working (so far!)

thanks for your help, and i did notice when i accidentally press spacebare or a combination of keys that icon does show up.

must have activated something i didnt realize, heh long nights working! haha thanks again
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 31, 2008
turn it over and shake it hard, see what happens… 🙂
F
Freeagent
Jul 31, 2008
Wouldn’t that make all the letters fall out? 8)
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 31, 2008
no. it’ll make all the crumbs fall out. hmm… maybe some of the punctuation too though. some of them can be pretty small… 🙂
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 31, 2008
I suppose when dave shook his he didn’t have the caps lock on and they all fell out!
F
Freeagent
Jul 31, 2008
lol!
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 31, 2008
LOL! XD
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 1, 2008
Good thing I didn’t read this while drinking my coffee.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections