PS
Posted By
Paul_Statham
Jul 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So I took two images from google, one abstract render and one jpeg of COD4. I used the abstract render as my background layer and added text to make the next layer. Now what I want to do is take the jpeg and place it over the current two layers. Here is my question:

1. Everytime I try to open the image, the two current layers are gone and the image is the new background layer, how do I bring in the image without having it become the background?

Thanks!

Paul S.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

F
Freeagent
Jul 30, 2008
Can’t really understand what you mean here by

the two current layers are gone and the image is the new background

You’re not in full-screen mode by any chance? This would replace one image with the other when you open it. Hit the F key a few times.
P
Phosphor
Jul 30, 2008
That would be my guess.

Understand, Paul, that each file is its own document and will open in its own window. A document may be open, but hidden underneath another one. Your original document should still be there unless you close it.

To see what documents are open, go to the Window menu and look at the list on the bottom.

If you want to add the new image to the original have the windows open next to each other (NOT in Full Screen mode) and drag with the Move tool. Or Copy/Paste. Or Duplicate Layer with the target file as Destination.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections