S
Posted By
stina84
Jul 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone, I’m having a really weird problem. Sometimes I like to add a texture to a drawing, to do so I add the texture in a layer above the drawing, set the layer mode to Multiply and adjust the opacity. Simple and easy.

But now I’m getting this weird "film" of lines appearing in that layer everytime I adjust the opacity, they become even worse when I add color…I use a normal brush and it actually paints lines rather than solid color!

What’s even funnier is that the lines dissapear completely when I resize the image to be a lot smaller.

I’m not sure if this is a problem with Photoshop, I’m using PS 7 btw, or if its my new laptop. I never had this problem with my old PC which was much much much slower and buggy. I’m also curious as to why this is happening only when I use Multiply and non of the other blending modes.

I took some screencaps just in case I’m not making any sense.

< http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z112/skullsrlove/pslines. jpg>

< http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z112/skullsrlove/pslines2 .jpg>

Hope you guys can help. Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 26, 2008
from one of the ps engineers:

Chris Cox – 01:17pm Feb 7, 2003 Pacific (#7 of 15)

If you zoom in and they go away, it’s probably the video card.

If you zoom in and out and they change, it’s probably bad RAM.

If the image looks fine, you save it, then reload it and it’s corrupted – then it’s probably the hard disk.
B
Buko
Jul 26, 2008
This has nothing to do with the lines you are seeing, but keep in mind that with the release of CS3 Adobe has adopted a 3 version back upgrade policy. so if Adobe retains this policy when CS4 is released version 7 will no longer be eligible to upgrade from.
KB
Kerwin_Bartinson
Jul 26, 2008
God, don’t you just love the way you have to troubleshoot things with computers? You would think by new that computers would come with automatic diagnostics that told you in plain English when you had a problem. Hey dude you have a bad ram module in slot 1, dude you hard drive is trashed get a new one, dude I have fallen and can’t get up.

It still amazes me that the more things change the more they stay the same. We are still using 3 decades only computer technology. IRQ’s, DMA’s all of that should have been long gone by now. Computers should be easier to deal with, especially if your going to do it the diservice of running Windows. Oh, well enough ranting back to pasting Bush’s head on to Donkey’s body.
B
Buko
Jul 26, 2008
Hey! stop insulting donkey’s
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 27, 2008
You would think by new that computers would come with automatic diagnostics that told you in plain English when you had a problem

that would put a lot of talented people out of work… 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 27, 2008
stop insulting donkey’s

donkeys. one word! 🙂
R
rhawkins
Jul 27, 2008
I’m using PS7 and I’ve noticed the same thing. It’s only in the multiply mode and I find that if the opacity is between 25-49% the lines disappear.
I have no solution other than in some situations you can leave the opacity at 100% in the multiply and reduce the opacity in the background layer instead to get the same effect.
S
stina84
Jul 27, 2008
hahaha!!

couldn’t have said it better myself man..
S
stina84
Jul 27, 2008
really?? its the same opacity with me, too.

that it so bizarre…maybe its just a problem with 7…hmmm.
S
stina84
Jul 27, 2008
Dave- it must be the ram then, but that doesn’t make sense since I’m using a new computer. Maybe I should just get CS3 or something
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 27, 2008
are you guys using 7.01 update? i THINK i remember a problem with 7 using the multiply layer mode.
KB
Kerwin_Bartinson
Jul 27, 2008
Probably not as many as you would think. Most people while wanting to know what the problem is isn’t about to do the repair themselves. They would still hire out for that. What it would do is eliminate the consultant charging $200 to play around when all it took was a video card or ram module replacement. That is a good thing.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 27, 2008
That is a good thing.

not if you’re the consultant. 😛
DM
dave_milbut_non_grata
Jul 27, 2008
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 17:38:24 -0700, wrote:

stop insulting donkey’s

Okay, we’ll quit talking about your mother. Is it acceptable to talk about your father instead?
DM
dave_milbut_non_grata
Jul 31, 2008
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 17:38:24 -0700, wrote:

stop insulting donkey’s

Okay, we’ll quit talking about your mother. Is it acceptable to talk about your father instead?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections