SS
Posted By
Super_Sharpie
Jul 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop and Illustrator CS3 just stop working every five to ten minutes for periods of about 10 to 20 seconds. Photoshop palettes and windows all go blank if I click anywhere in the application space during these brownouts. Sometimes the entire system stops responding to the point all I can do is move the mouse around pointlessly.

After it does whatever it is doing the app suddenly snaps back to life and anything else I may have clicked in any application in the meantime instantly responds allsuddenlyatthesametime in a flurry of dialogs and actions. Often when Photoshop comes back the palettes have no titles and seem to have been corrupted and I have to restart the app.

It doesn’t seem to matter what I’m doing though I’m not entirely sure about that. Seems that it happens most when I try to use the brush tool or apply changes to text, but that may just be because I use those tools more than others.

I did a search on this and based on earlier solutions I will add that the only printer I have installed is the local Adobe PDF driver and I am not using a Logitech mouse. I’ve done a fresh install on a fresh XP SP3 and run the updater.. the problems are all the same. Anybody know any other conflicts?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 24, 2008
try turning off font previews in the preferences and see if that helps.

and/or, if you’re using vista, make sure the aero interface is ON.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections