JF
Posted By
Jeff_Faski
Jul 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed CS3 Web Premium in Windows XP, running under Parallels. It worked fine for a couple of days and now Photoshop and Illustrator will not load. Each gives the "encountered a problem and needs to close" message. Acrobat 9, Dreamweaver, do load though.

I tried deleting prefs and also re-installing CS3 but it still does it. Anyone have a similar problem or know of a solution?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BC
Bart_Cross
Jul 23, 2008
I think you should move this over to the Mac side. I am sure they have experience with this.
JF
Jeff_Faski
Jul 23, 2008
Thanks Bart. I added it there as well. It could be Parallels on the Mac that is the issue or CS3/XP on the PC.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Jul 23, 2008
If running in Parallels, there is little/no reason to ask in the Mac forum (but of course it does not hurt to ask there too). Parallels is running Windows as a virtualized environment and has no connection to Mac OS.
B
Buko
Jul 23, 2008
If your on a Mac Stop using Windows, Get a crossgrade.

B)
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 23, 2008
If your on a Mac

you are. two words. 😛

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections