LZ
Posted By
Loretta_Zupko
Jul 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there such a thing called Artwork in CS3 like there is in PSE 5?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Jul 22, 2008
the Artwork is what you create. Until you create it its not in Photoshop.
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 23, 2008
I assume Elements comes with some kind of "Clip Art".

You could access that if you still have Elements installed. Or go hunting on the web. There’s loads out there!
BH
BILL_HUNT
Jul 25, 2008
Loretta,

My *guess* is that it’s a 1-stop-shopping treatment, that applies several Filters, Effects or maybe Styles. Do not have it to test, but what sort of outcome happens, when one applies Artwork to an image? My thoughts would be that one could possibly distill the Filters by judging the result, and then with a bit of experimentation, re-create it (probably with a lot more possible adjustments) in PS.

PS’s original Drop Shadow Filter was kinda’ like that – one-stop-shopping. If one either did it manually, or had AlienSkin’s EyeCandy, they had all sorts of extra controls. Over the versions this treatment has become more complex, but it was not always the case.

Let us know what Artwork does, or looks like, and maybe someone can suggest ways to do it.

Painter has some "canned" art-looks, that can be duplicated by adjusting the media and the brushes, or just hitting one button to do it all.

Hunt
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 25, 2008
Why can’t people learn how to do it themselves?

Or learn how to find clip art?

<shakes head and goes for a quick refresher,>
A
AHartline
Jul 27, 2008
John Joslin, "Artwork in CS3" #4, 25 Jul 2008 1:54 pm </webx?14/3>

Because Adobe PS is now used by a whole lot of casual users and they don’t know where to look yet. While some of us have been using it for a long time, there are a lot of newbies out there.

Loretta, no PS does not have pre-built artwork styles like PSE. They are essentially just pre-setup combinations of the layer styles available to you in PS.
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 27, 2008
I suppose I was spoiled by learning computer graphics in a school where everything had to be done from scratch.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections