JL
Posted By
Josh_Lang
Jul 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For XP and VISTA users, there is a new (free) app called ThumbView which displays PSD thumbnails in Explorer. I found it here: < http://www.seriema.net/thumbview/index.php?page=download_lit e>

Seems to work just fine with no side-effects, but as some have commented around here use care with CS2 and CS3 3rd pty applications.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RP
Roberto_Pinto
Sep 10, 2008
Dear all. After getting the same problem and read all possible solutions online with no success finally I got rid of this problem successfully and Now it is working perfectly again, and I hope It will work for you all.
Here it goes:
BACKGROUND (my case): PS CS3 installed (Premium-Extended), Win Vista 32 Bits. For months it was working perfectly until yesterday, when the app stopped when attempting opening some PSD files. Some other CS3 apps either stopped. 1st I thought it was some kind of file corruption issue.
After 3 uninstall-reinstall attempts of the whole CS3 and still troubleshooting, I went to the Vista Error Log. Regarding PS CS3 there was a DLL file named "CoolType.dll" which was suspicious to be the main cause of this shit.
Making a research, it relates to installed Fonts in Windows, that gave me the clue to all of it. Yesterday, I installed fonts while working with PS CS3 Im now pretty sure that this process someway altered the Cooltype.dll file, or fonts were not installed properly.
SOLUTION (my case): locate and uninstall recent fonts (which may have been the problem). NOW my PS3 CS3 is working more than PERFECT!!
HOPE THIS CAN HELP. I think this topic regards some kind of failed font installation. Check it out and remember if you have modified something.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections