DA
Posted By
dmike_allen
Jul 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when trying to set-up the preferences in"printing" using photoshop cs3 the software that came with the printer (epson 2200, "film factory") comes up as try to set up the printing and will not let me set the cs3 software as it should to print. Am i going to have to un-install the film factory software to make the cs3 program the default printing software?

regards,
mike allen
brunswick, ga.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 19, 2008
i’m not sure what you’re asking here. the problem didn’t come across too well in your post. maybe you can rephrase it.

i’ll try to guess anyway though… 🙂 when you open the cs3 print dialog, there should be a dropdown somewhere that you set to use photoshop print settings or printer print settings. pick the one you want to use at the time.
DA
dmike_allen
Jul 20, 2008
Sorry about my wording i’ll try to put it another way…….:-) when you have a picture open in CS3, select "print" from the file menu, the print screen comes up or (dialog box), you select the printer you want to use, then when i go to "page set-up" the screen from the "film factory" software comes up instead instead of the drop-down box where i can select the printer, and paper size. altho i can set these in the film factory screen while it is up there, when you go to actually "print", the priint dialog box will not come up.

……………….mike a.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 20, 2008
ahhhh. are you just selecting "print" then, or "print with preview"? file> print w/ preview gives you the box to choose to let photoshop handle it.
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 20, 2008
Did that "film factory" software come with the Epson drivers?
DA
dmike_allen
Jul 20, 2008
I was selecting "print" not print/preview, maybe that is what i’m doing wrong.

yes the film factory came with the epson drivers.

…………….mike
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 20, 2008
the film factory came with the epson drivers

I always opt out of or ditch the stuff that comes with printers, cameras, etc.
DA
dmike_allen
Jul 20, 2008
I think you’re right…..i’m going to have to un-install the film factory sotware to get the cs3 print to work right.

thanks………mike a.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 20, 2008
I always opt out of or ditch the stuff that comes with printers, cameras, etc

ditto.
RP
Rick_Popham
Jul 23, 2008
are you just selecting "print" then, or "print with preview"? file> print w/ preview gives you the box to choose to let photoshop handle it.

Dave,

CS3 no longer has the "Print with Preview" selection. The equivalent now is just "Print".

"Print One Copy" works like the "Print" selection did in earlier versions.

It sounds like the Film Factory program is hijacking the printing process. Maybe there’s a selection in the program’s preferences that will deselect it as the default program for the 2200.

Rick
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 23, 2008
ah. my mistake rick. i was typing from a system that didn’t have ps on it. thanks for the correction. i know i’ve seen the dialog in cs3, i just didn’t have it in front of me. sorry dmike if it led you too far astray.
DA
dmike_allen
Jul 23, 2008
I have checked in CS3 & Film Factory under "general preferences" and there is not a way to make it (cs3) the default printer.
I haven’t had the time to fool with it but will un-install FF when i get a chance and see if that works.

…..mike allen
brunswick, ga.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections