AH
Posted By
Anthony_Hathaway
Jul 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an 8-bit image, 4800×3000 px, res 300 40.2M in size. I need to reduce it to 125K max, 640×480 px max, res 72. I must be doing something wrong because my result has lost all clarity. Need help! Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PF
Peter_Figen
Jul 19, 2008
You need to resharpen after downsizing it, but it will never have the level of detail it had before. You’ve thrown away a lot of pixels.
AH
Anthony_Hathaway
Jul 20, 2008
Thanks for your response. The requirements are for a magazine photo composition. After discarding all those pixels the image is so fuzzy that no amount of sharpening will make it acceptable. My procedure is to go to image size, change the resolution to 72, the pixel dimension on the long side to 640px. I’ve also tried "save for web" to see if that makes and difference and lastly adjusted the percentage in the save for web box. I still get fuzzy.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections