B
Posted By
bob733
Jul 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PSD Nr 1 (which is a composit of multiple images). I went to PSD Nr 2 and did an extract of my wife (and cut out all the background so that only my wife was cut out of PSD Nr 2).

I then went back to PSD Nr 1 and did a Paste of my wife (from PSD Nr 2) and put her in the designated spot.

However, she does not look like she Blends in with the PSD Nr 1 (her edges are very sharp) and it looks contrived, unnatural etc.

What is the best way to blend her into PSD Nr 1? Should I mask her body and soften the edges with a black soft very light opacity brush? Should I attempt to Feather her? Is there a blending mode that would soften her body and head?

Appreciate the advise.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

H
Ho
Jul 17, 2008
Just make multiple copies of the pasted layer and experiment. No one can give you (accurate) specific advise without seeing the raw work in progress. The lighting and color will have as much to do with producing a natural result as anything.

PS: I wouldn’t feather her unless you know she likes that sort of thing… 🙂
CY
curt_young
Jul 17, 2008
Here is a method you might try. Have not used it but got out of a book. Meant for removing the edge of the cut-out if it is a different color than where you are pasting.

Load selection by clicking on name, then inverse the selection using ctrl shift I. Expand the selection by one pixel (select menu) and then delete – which has the effect of removing a single ;pixel from all the way round the image. Can write an action to do this.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections