HI
Posted By
hector_I_nieves
Jul 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the following stock image that I need to alter colorwise.

I’d like to make the background blue and the lines white. I inverted the colors, but that resulted in a black image with whiteish lines. I’ve been trying to figure out how to make the black turn blue, but all attempts have ended in failure.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Jul 17, 2008
Here’s one way: Sample the blue you want with the eyedropper. Now your colors will be blue foreground/white background. Go to Channels and Ctrl-click on the Composite (RGB) channel to make a selection.

On a new empty Layer Alt-Delete to fill. Hit X to make white theh foreground color. Now Shift-Ctrl-I to inverse the selection and Alt-Delete to fill the lines with white. You may have to do it twice to get a good effect.
H
Ho
Jul 17, 2008
<http://imageshack.us>

Or use a Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer…
S
Silkrooster
Jul 17, 2008
I am thinking: select the white then invert the selection and move to a new layer(ctrl-shift-j)If selection was removed, ctrl click the thumbnail of the new layer, fill with white, ctrl-d to remove selection, select the old layer and fill with blue.
How crisp your lines are will depend on the selection of the lines. Refine edges can help with that.
The reason why the first step was to select the white is due to the multiple shades of blue(or looks like it to me) This will help make sure all blue portions get moved to the new layer.
Anyways as you can see there are more than one way to do just about anything with most software programs. Just take your pick, lol.
H
Ho
Jul 17, 2008
P
Phosphor
Jul 17, 2008
You can do the whole thing with a set of Adjustment Layers. The advantage here is that you can play all you want until you get it right.

I’d be wary of trying to make any kind of selections with lines that fine, on a low-resolution image especially.

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=11Uo7yHAjNBFv8Yrof ybjYUClT3EP>
S
Silkrooster
Jul 17, 2008
Good point
H
Ho
Jul 17, 2008
Glad somebody (Phos) agrees that simpler is better. I thought it was obvious, but I voted for Bush so what do I know…? 🙂
P
Phosphor
Jul 17, 2008
I did it according to what I posted and it came out fine. I always test before posting.
S
stevent
Jul 17, 2008
Gradient map?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections