Posted By
DavidJohnson08
Jul 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have 2 layers styles applied to a shape in Photoshop CS3:

1. Drop shadow with a soft light blending mode.
2. Colour fill with a multiply blending mode.

This shape is on a transparent canvas so I can export it without a background.

If I convert the shape to a smart object it seems to change the appearance of the shadows and the fill to as if they were set to the default "Normal" blending mode. I also get this problem when I export for web and if i merge layers together.

Can someone please tell me how to preserve the blending modes of the layers as this seems an odd thing for Photoshop to do.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jul 15, 2008
Are you viewing your file at 100% zoom before / after? Also, what is the benefit of layer blending on top of a transparent background?
D
DavidJohnson08
Jul 15, 2008
Yes it is at 100% zoom. I am designing a website in Photoshop with the background image enabled then i disable the backgrounded image and export for web. I want to overlay the transparent images in a table over the page background in Dreamweaver.

If I merge layers in Photoshop it happens as well but if I flatten all the layers it preserves the effects, this defeats the object however as I want to overlay over any background image.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections