KS
Posted By
Katrina_Small
Jul 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can I make a dashed line using the line tool? if not, does Photoshop allow one to make/get a dashed line? How, please.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

O
OldBob
Jul 14, 2008
None that I know of. There ARE any number of PhotoShop dashed line tutorials on the internet; just google "dashed line"+photoshop.

I usually just make any dashed lines in Illustrator and import them.
KS
Katrina_Small
Jul 14, 2008
Thanks so much. Too bad. I’ll check it out.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 14, 2008
if not, does Photoshop allow one to make/get a dashed line? How, please.

you can set your brush spacing in the brushes palette and stroke a line (or path) created with the line tool. that’s how you do dotted/dashed lines in photoshop.
CC
Christopher_Carvalho
Jul 14, 2008
You can use a checkerboard fill pattern with the line tool to give an approximation to a dashed line. It works fairly well for straight lines, but if you plan to make curved ones the results can look a bit strange. For all the sophistication of Photoshop, this is one of its shortcomings.
CB
charles badland
Jul 14, 2008
you can set your brush spacing in the brushes palette and stroke a line (or path) created with the line tool. that’s how you do dotted/dashed lines in photoshop.

And you can change the Angle Jitter to "direction" so the dashes follow the direction of the path. Works well with curved lines.

STILL… best is to use Illustrator.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 14, 2008
yes.
P
Phosphor
Jul 14, 2008
Christopher,

Not a shortcoming at all. It can be easily done with Paths and Brush spacing as outlined above.
KS
Katrina_Small
Jul 14, 2008
Thanks everyone. -k

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections