MH
Posted By
Matthew_Hodge
Jul 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an image with a brass section on it.

I would like to turn it into a section with a chrome effect. Can anyone give me any suggestions of a quick easy to do this?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 2, 2008
quick easy is all relative. 🙂

if it’s already got a good "metallic-y" feel to it, you can try to select the area and desaturate (remove color) it with a hue saturation adjustment layer in the layers palette.
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 2, 2008
You can also experiment with the Style Panel and/or the text effects in the built-in actions in PS.
CY
curt_young
Jul 2, 2008
You could also experiment with Curves. A silver object can be turned to gold this way. Use the 3 color channels and grab the center point of each line and draw down or up. The exact technique will depend on color component of selection.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 2, 2008
A silver object can be turned to gold this way.

arrgh! after lo these many years! the secret to alchemy! 🙂
BH
BILL_HUNT
Jul 3, 2008
Now, if there were only an Action to turn tap water into Latour ’70… Maybe in CS4?

Hunt
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 3, 2008
lol!
H
Ho
Jul 3, 2008
I’d settle for tap water to gasoline.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections