Posted By
PECourtejoie
Jul 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
a brush properties (options) box that’s always open,

Right click to get the size and hardness sliders.
The brush palette stays on all the time in newer versions of Photoshop Use [ and ] to change the size
Use Shift+[ and shift+] to change the hardness
Numbers to change the opacity (all this also in V6, IIRC) Using a Wacom tablet might give you such options by rotating, tilting or pressure, plus the new touch sliders.

b) a way to toggle a pair of layers

If you do not need to see the other layers, but just switch between those two, just ALT+Click the eye on the layers palette (Also in V6)

Scripting might be a solution, there is a scripting forum for PS: <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?13@@.3bbf2765>

According to official blog posts, the "Next" version of Photoshop is supposed to get UI changes.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Jul 3, 2008
it always seems to be the next one….that’s what I seem to hear from lots of people…I’m waiting for the next one to release…
AM
Andy_Murray
Jul 4, 2008
The brush palette stays on all the time in newer versions of Photoshop

Good although I’ve now been using …

Use [ and ] to change the size

…. which is very useful (thanks, I didn’t know that one). Hopefully CS2/3 has improved this function a bit; brush sizes offered are 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 20 30, and of course one of my sweet spots for this project is brush size of 15-17 🙂

b) a way to toggle a pair of layers If you do not need to see the other layers, but just switch between those two, just ALT+Click the eye on the layers palette (Also in V6)

yah, I use that, but often I really want to see the other layers too …

BTW, when using the brush, is there a way to restrict the (alt-click)sampling tool to the current/active layer only? I have other visible layers on top of the active layer but don’t want to sample the "composite" colour.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections