S
Posted By
scb
Jun 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m just getting around to installing CS3 and have a few questions.

Can I copy the disk to my hard drive and install from the hard drive?

I know Windows Service Pack 2 is needed in order to run CS3, but is it needed to install the program?
Hi,

I’m running WinXP, Service Pack 1

While trying to install the program I encountered a pop-up box with the following message:

Setup has encountered an error and cannot continue. Contact Adobe Customer Support for assistance.

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows installer is not correctly installed.

So, anybody know what’s going on?

Shel

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jun 29, 2008
Shel,

1. Yes, you can the disk to the hard drive and install from there. Some folks have even found it necessary to I believe. I do it all the time just for sake of convenience and faster installs.

2. Is WinXP/SP2 needed to install CS3? I’m not sure, but since it is is needed for CS3, I’d sure install SP2 first, particularly knowing that the installation of CS3 has been troublesome for several folks. In my experience, I’ve seen more problems caused by installing a service pack after an application is installed, than by doing the service pack first. SP3 is also out I believe, but I don’t know it’s history for causing new problems, so whether to go fully current with SP3 is more of a choice than a need.

3. I’m not sure about the Windows Installer issue, but that may well be SP2 related, since the Windows Installer does get updated periodically. Again, I suggest you first install SP2 then return to installing CS3 to see if the problem is resolved.

Regards,

Daryl
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 30, 2008
Download and install the latest Windows Installer. It may or may not be in SP2; it assuredly is not in SP1. Also, download and install the latest Adobe Flash Player. The SP3 installer uses Flash technology.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections