Posted By
Peter Winkelschneider
Jun 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Everyone,

I’m looking for a filter or function in photoshop to remove the purple fringing effect. Any ideas?

Thanks, Nathalie

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Jun 4, 2008
"Nathalie Krochmann" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I’m looking for a filter or function in photoshop to remove the purple fringing effect. Any ideas?

Thanks, Nathalie

Nathalie,

See http://www.buddytoupsjr.com/2008/05/23/remove-purple-fringin g-photoshop/

Google has more.

TWK
A
a
Jun 4, 2008
If you are talking about chromatic aberration, Camera RAW has that capability.

"Nathalie Krochmann" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Nathalie
OV
Otti von Elkenhof
Jun 4, 2008
Hi Nathalie,

this might help you:
http://www.sd3.info/pf828/PFree/PFree0-1.html#Download
Regards,
Otto.

Nathalie Krochmann schrieb:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Nathalie
G
gowanoh
Jun 4, 2008
Purple fringing from small sensor cameras is not always easy to remove with simple tools that try to correct for chromatic aberration. Fortunately what you see in a massive enlarged section of an image on your monitor may not be visible at all in a print.
If there is a large fringe in a high contrast edge, and it is important for you get rid of it, get familiar with your clone tool, edge refinement tools etc.
SP
Silke Plaske
Jun 4, 2008
Otto, thanks to you and all the others for support.
Nathalie just showed me the results.
Thanks, Andy.

Otto von Elkenhof schrieb:
Hi Nathalie,

this might help you:
Regards,
Otto.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Nathalie
CS
Clarissa Schmied
Jun 4, 2008
I agree with you saycheez. I had this problem with small sensor cameras and the only way to get rid of it was to work with clone tool or repair brush.

saycheez schrieb:
Purple fringing from small sensor cameras is not always easy to remove with simple tools that try to correct for chromatic aberration. Fortunately what you see in a massive enlarged section of an image on your monitor may not be visible at all in a print.
If there is a large fringe in a high contrast edge, and it is important for you get rid of it, get familiar with your clone tool, edge refinement tools etc.
LS
Lilo Sommer
Jun 5, 2008
Guter Link, danke Otto!

Otto von Elkenhof schrieb:
Hi Nathalie,

this might help you:
Regards,
Otto.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Nathalie
KK
Konrad Krause
Jun 5, 2008
That might work with bold lines. But having fine line with this chromatic aberration, the repair brush is not much of a help …

Claudia Meischner schrieb:
I agree with you saycheez. I had this problem with small sensor cameras and the only way to get rid of it was to work with clone tool or repair brush.
RR
Rudi Ratlos
Jun 5, 2008
Claudia Meischner schrieb:

I tried both: Removed the fringe by hand with ps tools and a plugin. While the plugin worked fine, the results with ps tools showed – in detail – better results.
EK
Eva Klauber
Jun 5, 2008
Lucy Hachmann schrieb:
I tried both: Removed the fringe by hand with ps tools and a plugin. While the plugin worked fine, the results with ps tools showed – in detail – better results.

My Problem with ps tools: I’m not that talented to do everything by hand. If there is a very thin line I might destroy it. 😉
0C
01HN_claschmi1
Jun 5, 2008
Hanno Manns schrieb:
My Problem with ps tools: I’m not that talented to do everything by hand. If there is a very thin line I might destroy it. 😉

Same with me … 😉

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections