aaaj
May 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi i am using cs2 but i didnt understand channels explain it

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
May 28, 2008
"aaaj" wrote in message
F1 is a good place to start
TWK
B
Bishoop
May 28, 2008
aaaj wrote:

Channels are the data that is actually stored in each pixel of an image. If you have a monochrome image (only 2 colors), that means that the image has only one channel, and that channel has only two values, which are typically white or black.

If you have a grayscale image (say 256 shades of gray), then that image still has only one channel. That channel has 256 possible values, ranging from black (0) to white (255).

If you have an RGB/8 image, that means that you have three channels: red, green, and blue. Every pixel in the image has some amount of red, green and blue. The "8" means that each of those three channels is 8 bits, which means they have 256 possible values, because 2^8 = 256.

Channels can be used to store any information that you want — not just color. "Alpha" is a value commonly stored in a channel. It is used in effects like transparency. It’s just another number, again, typically from 0 to 255.

You can create a channel for whatever you want… Store your lucky number in every pixel of an image, if you like.
C
Celcius
Jun 14, 2008
"Your Name" wrote in message
aaaj wrote:

If you have a grayscale image (say 256 shades of gray), then that image still has only one channel.
That channel has 256 possible values, ranging from black (0) to white (255).

Hi "Your name"!

This [black (0) and white (255)] is also true of an histogram. But what I don’t understand is that in "curves", the dropper is darkest at 300 and whitest at 0?

Thanks for any info.

Marcel

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections