PB
Posted By
Paul_B._Kelley
May 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to use the flip canvass vertical command with the free transform tool to create a reflection below a harsichord with seven legs. I understand the technique with simple objects; however I fail to see how a complex object such as this can be given a reflection using this method. If anyone can point me to a similar URL, I’d appreciate it…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
May 16, 2008
It can’t really be done accurately using a simple flip/transform.

Experiment for yourself just by using an object and a reflective surface. Observe what parts in the reflection are hidden from direct view on the object itself.

It’s really only good for objects that are viewed straight on, from a vantage point that is relatively close to the virtual, perceived reflective surface.
JM
J_Maloney
May 16, 2008
You could try masking out the reflection before it hit the underside (i.e. only the legs reflect). You’ll need to position each leg individually…
PB
Paul_B._Kelley
May 16, 2008
Thanks all; all comes down to mastering perspective, I suppose (which I haven’t, by any stretch)…
JJ
John Joslin
May 16, 2008
No it comes down to the fact that Photoshop is a 2D program and you need a (proper) 3D program. Or more than one shot of the harpsichord.
JM
J_Maloney
May 16, 2008
Wiggle like a worm!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections