JG
Posted By
Jeff_Gillispie
May 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I went to save an image today and my save as options had been changed. I can save as a JPEG 2000 but not JPEG. GIF is not available either. This is the first time I have seen this. Short of reinstalling PS is there another way to get my save as defaults back? Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
Silkrooster
May 15, 2008
Reinstalling should not reset any preferences. You will find a FAQ on this forum on how to remove the preferences.
JG
Jeff_Gillispie
May 15, 2008
Hmmm…I just am wondering why I cant save my files as JPEG’s, GIFS, etc. I could yesterday…
JG
Jeff_Gillispie
May 15, 2008
Well here is what I did. I opened a file in CS2, checked to see if I could save it as a JPEG (I couldnt). I switched over to Image Ready with the same file, saved it once as a JPEG, then switched back to CS2 and miracle of all miracles I can now save the psd as a jpeg, gif or any other option that had previously been there. Very odd………
J
Jim
May 16, 2008
wrote in message
Hmmm…I just am wondering why I cant save my files as JPEG’s, GIFS, etc. I could yesterday…
You cannot save a 16 bit image to either jpeg or gif. So, is that your problem?
Jim
RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 16, 2008
Jeff,

Your file is probably 16 bit per channel.

Rob
BH
BILL_HUNT
May 16, 2008
As Rob states, it was "probably 16-bit," or had some other attributes, that are not allowed by JPG and GIF. Check your Modes, Layers, Color Space, and the like. I’d say that you do not need to change/trash your Preferences, as it is most likely that particular image, that is causing you a problem.

Hunt

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections