Posted By
Clayton_Sandoval
May 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a new laptop to mainly use Adobe Photoshop CS3 for Windows. I have been doing a good amount of research and what seems to be the most important thing for running Photoshop fast and efficiently is RAM and a good screen. I’ve been looking around for computers now for a couple weeks, and I think i finally found one I like. So my question to you guys is for $1200, does this computer seem like a good deal and will it run Adobe Photoshop CS3 successfully? Here are the details:

–Computer–:ThinkPad T61 Widescreen
–Processor–: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8300 (2.4GHz 800MHz 3MBL2) –Operating System–: Windows Vista Home Premium
–Display Panel–: 15.4 WSXGA+ TFT (Widescreen Super eXtended Graphics Array Plus Resolution: 1680×1050)
–System Graphics–: Intel GMA X3100 GM965
–Total Memory–: 3GB PC2-5300 DDR SDRAM 667MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM) –Hard Drive–: 160 GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
–Intel Turbo Memory hard drive cache–: Intel Turbo Memory 1GB –Wireless Cards–: Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN (supporting Centrino Pro) –Battery–: 6 cell Li-Ion Battery

Thank you, Your help is much appreciated guys!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
May 12, 2008
I can’t speak for it’s use specifically as a cs3 box, but i’ve been running ibm websphere RAD (web development) software on that same setup for a couple months now and it runs like a champ.
SP
Sid_Phillips
May 12, 2008
Looks good on paper (or pixels). I’d say go for it. But set aside another $200 or so for a Spyder to calibrate it, unless you already have something else.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections